[Question] Administrating Windows XP Home Computers

Synapse

Probably a stupid question, but does anyone know of an easy way to set permissions and do administrative functions on windows XP computers. I know you can't join Domains and you always Authenticate as Guest, but i was wondering if theres any sort of software or other registry/file patches that may enable me to do some advanced stuff.

I have 4 XP Home computers, 1 of which is my "server", My "Main" computer, a Laptop, and a computer for my Sister. the Problem coming up is i want to monitor current processes and virus notifications so i can find any virus/spyware infections before it becomes to much of a problem.

hope this makes sence to someone. lol.

anyone?

i was thinking of taking the guest account on my server, making it administrator in "control userpasswords2" applying a password and seeing if i'd gain access to things like the IPC$ and Admin$ shares. and if i'd also be able to use some of sysinternals remote control tools.

only problem i can predict with this is the always authenticate as guest setting...

this is all in my home network and on my server, so no i'm not trying to do this on a computer that someone uses.