2003 SP1 and fujitsu 4120C scanner

I got the scanner to work with windows 2003, but after the service pack is installed, it doesn't work.

The drivers are loaded correctly, but for some reason, the isis application doesn't detect the scanner. I am using a USB connection.

I tried enabling the windows Image Acquisition service but that didn't help.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

check the permissions to the folders that the ISIS program is running, also make sure that the scanner is certified for 2003 SP1 (yes scanners a stupid like that), is there a reason for the USB and not SCSI? you would get much better preformance out of the scanner if you ran that route. but first check the ISIS program folder in program files and make sure that all users have at least read and write to that folder

• 1 month later...

I'm only using this for testing and unfortunately, the scanner is not even certified with Windows 2003.

I got it working with Windows 2003 (without the service pack) but after I installed the service pack, I can't get it to work. It's listed under device manager and the drivers are installed but once I attempt to scan,

I get the windows message box:

Configure Device Settings:

Selected Device:

No Devices Found

Rescan Bus.

there error usually will happen when the scanner is trying to right something out to a folder it no longer has access to, make sure the user that you are using has modifiy permissions on the folder where the ISIS app lives. have you tried it as a full admin yet? does it work there? also you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the application to see if that helps

I gave everyone full rights on the c:\windows directory and logged in as local administrator. still get the same message box. (I was logged in as another user before with admin rights).

I thought it would be some dcom problem like I had before with other apps having problems when SP1 is installed but I don't even get the DCOM error in my event viewer.