Send to

Appleadameve

I'm using WinME & it annoys me that I've to delete the origin of the file that I've used the Windows' "Send To" in the file menu, because every time I uses the Send To feature - Windows actually makes a copy of the (send to) file to it's destination folder, ends up more like a "Copy To" than a "Send To". I believes that the same has happened to WinXp Pro too.

Does anyone else shares the same problem as mine? Also this trouble only seem to applicable if you've created a new "send to" shortcut in the "C:\WINDOWS\SendTo". Seem to me MS doesn't want anyone add any more new folder shortcuts to the "C:\WINDOWS\SendTo". Win98SE is much better as it runs much more faster & use far less system spec, best of all it didn't have this "Send To" problem.

Edited by Appleadameve

I bet you've never used any Win98Se before! or may be each Windows systems (98/ME/XP) can be configured as wether to make the Send To feature to make an copy of the file before it's being sent?

Trust me, I've used Win98SE for almost 4 years & the Send To feature has never made any copies before sending a file to the assigned folder through the file menu link.

In comparison to the Send To feature - the Move To feature is far more complicated as it involves browsing through the folder trees to locate the destination as to be sent, after that you also need to mouse click to close the opened folder(s).

Our Windows could be acting differently by every time we reinstalls them. Th same goes for my MS office 97. I once installed MS office 97 for my WinXP Pro, and what did you know? MS office 97 gives stupid prompts by each time I opens a document file with it, the prompt is to ask wether if the user had want to backup their opened document or not, the prompts is given by the time I've opened a document & not by the time I'm closing it! So later I reinstalled MS office 97 & the stupid message prompt is gone for ever!

See? If you've never used MS office 97 before, then you might never knows that by default (& what's is right), that MS office 97 should never gives you any stupid prompts by every time you opened a document, which causes you to mouse click at the button "Yes" or "No"!

Also I've got two WinXP Pro PC systems at my house, both are using the same service pack 1. Believe me, the two of WinXP Pro systems works very differently at certain things/settings when I'm using the same installed softwares/games!

Edited by Appleadameve