SB Live XP Problem

florinaperis

I have this problem, when i install the drivers for the SB Live Platinum, the

xp system cannot recognise the HQ for SB Live.

What´s the problem?

I have download the latest drivers from the Creative Web site.

Pc:

PIII 733

392 RAM

CDR Plextor 24x

CDRom Philips 52x

2 modems

TNT 2 G.C.

2 Hard Discs

4 Partitions

In the same machine (in diferent partitions) i run win98, win2000 and XP.

Dam man you start off on the wrong foot big time...

1. Dont double post

2. Post in the right area

3. Use the search button on the top right hand side of the main page and study the post that have already delt with this promblem. If after that you still can figure it out then respone to this thread.

Your ohter post was deleted!:mad:

-XPerties

• 2 weeks later...

I personally wouldnt bother using Creative drivers unless you really need the extra features, I just use the set from Windows Update.

Guest LouCypher

The last drivers from windowsupdate that I had on my system seemed to occasioanly causing an "Operation failed" error with lsass.exe on startup, causing the system to shut itself off. After I updated to the Creative drivers, this problem disappeared and hasn't returned since. I have the CT4670 model SB Live! Platinum (it's not the 5.1).

The Creative update is a driver update that provides full support for the Live drive for all the Platinum owners (so now you can control the mute option on the headphone/mic jacks), it's got the surround mixer, all the EAX presets and programs, the keyboard thing, and SoundFont.

I think it's a definate recommendation for any SB Live Platinum owners, or anyone getting the occasional error w/ lsass.exe (like me). The surround mixer lets you control fade if you want the speakers behind you louder while playing DOOM or something.