[REQUEST] Stardock Windowblinds 5.01

SonWolve

I found a thread on here for Windowblinds 5 but it died out and the methods described there didn't work for me... if someone could but up some kind of tutorial for doing this with SFX it would be INSANELY appreciated!

hard to believe since this is a popular program =(
I gave up on StarDock some time ago. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but the products are not reliable, in my experience. For example, Stardock's ObjectDock writes settings to a simple .ini file. The file is easily corrupted rendering the utility useless. In contrast, Punk Software's RocketDock writes it's settings to the Windows registry and is therefore much more reliable. They both serve the same purpose. Punk has the superior product in several respects, but StarDock's program is more "popular." Go figure.

As for WindowBlinds, the program is quite involved and the visualizations varying widely in quality. Some designers create quality visualizations, some do not. Most importantly, the program can interfere with a user's ability to work with other popular programs like Kodak's EasyShare software unless configured properly. The average user will not take the time to learn how to configure the program, in my experience.

If you are installing for yourself, great. But if you are installing for friends and neighbors, anticipate receiving a lot of phone calls for help and support. Or not. When you install difficult-to-use software on other people's machines, word gets around and at the end of the day your reputation suffers, whether you know it or not. :yes:

The 'only' reason I've gone back to Windowblinds is for the glass look that originates from Vista and the ease of use that I've gotten from the lastest version. This wasn't meant for other people's machines, just my own. When I am repairing other people's computers I certainly do NOT push the software I like on them. So if no one is able to get this to work, then I will simply go back to visual styles.