Autoparition=1?

I read the ref.chm file for AutoPartition but I am not 100% sure and I would prefer to ask then see one of my partitions formatted during an install :S!!!

Here is what I got on my setup.

40000MB C:\ (winxp)

15000MB D:\ (Misc. files, homework, small downloaded programs etc.)

I want to setup the winnt.sif file to automatically choose the 40000MB partition and formatted NTFS (does the quick format option make a difference???)

]Bonkers[

Thanks

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

Repartition=No

UnattendSwitch="Yes"

WaitForReboot="No"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="EXTRAS\CXT-Modem-Driver;EXTRAS\Promise-ATA100\Ultra-133-100\WinXP;EXTRAS\Intergrated-LAN-Driver;EXTRAS\HayesModem-Drivers"

this is my setup.

everything is automated apart from the start of the os install.

it will bting up the menu and allow you to choose the drive to install the os to.

or if its a formated disk it will ask you when you pick it if you want to format it to change the file system, to what ever you like Ntfs if you choose leave the file system alone and install it will be Fat32 instead.

--------------------------------

or you can go the complicated way .

AutoPartition=1 or 0

If you have the selection is 1 then Windows Setup will install the OS on any free partition that is available. If you remove this line or if you put AutoPartition=0 then setup will ask you on which partition you wish to install Windows onto and advises you what to do if your partition already contains an OS.

This is a little off topic, but I was looking at your file there and noticed something:

[Unattended]
UnattendSwitch="Yes"

UnattendedSwitch: "Instructs Setup to skip Windows Welcome or Mini-Setup when preinstalling Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional using the CD Boot method."

OEMSkipWelcome: "Allows unattended Setup to skip the Welcome page in GUI-mode Setup and Mini-Setup.

If OemPreinstall in the [unattended] section of Unattend.txt is set to Yes, unattended Setup automatically stops at the Welcome page. To avoid this pause in your factory or testing environment, set OEMSkipWelcome = 1."

Do they both do the same thing? (those are from the ref.chm file)

Bonkers[,Jul 30 2003, 03:44 AM]This is a little off topic, but I was looking at your file there and noticed something:

[Unattended]
UnattendSwitch="Yes"

UnattendedSwitch: "Instructs Setup to skip Windows Welcome or Mini-Setup when preinstalling Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional using the CD Boot method."

OEMSkipWelcome: "Allows unattended Setup to skip the Welcome page in GUI-mode Setup and Mini-Setup.

If OemPreinstall in the [unattended] section of Unattend.txt is set to Yes, unattended Setup automatically stops at the Welcome page. To avoid this pause in your factory or testing environment, set OEMSkipWelcome = 1."

Do they both do the same thing? (those are from the ref.chm file)

here is my full upto date winnt.sif file.

====================================

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

Repartition=No [Will not Repartion my partitions]

UnattendSwitch="Yes" [Means it will Skip the enter your profile name and auto log you in as the default Administrator Account]

WaitForReboot="No"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="EXTRAS\CXT-Modem-Driver;EXTRAS\Promise-ATA100\Ultra-133-100\WinXP;EXTRAS\Intergrated-LAN-Driver;EXTRAS\HayesModem-Drivers"

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

AutoLogon=Yes

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=85

OemSkipWelcome=1 [skips the welcome to windows xp dialog where is asks you to connect to the net or setup your net connection]

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1280

Yresolution=1024

Vrefresh=85

[userData]

ProductKey="""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

FullName=""""""""""""""""""""""""

OrgName="""""""""""""""""""

ComputerName=Blacklisted

[TapiLocation]

CountryCode=""

Dialing=Tone

AreaCode=""""""

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

SystemLocale=00000809

UserLocale=00000809

InputLocale=0809:00000809

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[branding]

BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

Home_Page=http://www.cdfreaks.com

Search_Page=http://www.google.com

[Components]

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

freecell=off

hearts=off

minesweeper=off

pinball=off

solitaire=off

spider=off

zonegames=off

autoupdate=off

fax=off

WMAAccess=off

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\EXTRAS\main-batch.bat

%systemdrive%\EXTRAS\hotfixes.bat

%systemdrive%\EXTRAS\applications.bat

hope this helps clear things up a bit. and im that new to this sorta stuff i may have made a mistake for all i know :rolleyes::)