Word Forms - Please help

Gaven11

Hi All,

Can anyone please offer some assistance for the following issue?

I am creating a form in word and wish to protect the entire document except for the "text form fields" that I have created. This is all fine but I wish to increase the size of these Test form fields (grey by default and approx 10 characters long). The reason is that I want users to have a bigger area to click in in to in order to be able to enter their data in.

At the moment I have tried everything I can see (properties does not seem to have the option and I can not simply click and drag as I thought you could)

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks in advance (and any help would be much appreciated)

James

Yeah gave that a try...but the issue with that is when you click on the text field after putting the spaces in. the cursor goes exactly where you click - rather than to the start of the box. Therefore users would have to either delete the spaces or click back to the start again.

Not sure of any way to do that; however, you can format the actual document with a 25% shading so that appears to be extended to the end-user. They would never be able to tell any difference in that manner.

I don't know of any other way for you to increase the size of the field other then adding spaces as the default text.

Depending on how complex you want to make this, you could add some code to the document to highlight the whole form field when you click in it (see information below)

Enter the following informaiton into a Visual Basic Module (Substitute Text1 with the name of the field)

Sub Select_Text1()
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1").Select
End Sub

Then select it to run the macro on entry into the field.

Thanks Guys,

I used the Macro technique outlined above. Just put in sevearl Text form fields into each table and linked each to the Macro upon entry, then fiddled with the tabbing sequence, works well

Thanks again

J