Need some help please

DjWhizZ

hi, i'm new here.. and i need some help cause i can't get this thing to work:P so please help :blink:

This is my RunOnceEx:

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Mozilla Firefox" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Firefox.exe -ms /SilentInstall /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "Daemontools 4.0.3" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\daemon403.exe /qn /Reboot=Suppress /f

REG ADD %KEY%\003 /VE /D "MSN Messenger" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\003 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Messenger.exe /qn /SilentInstall /f

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /VE /D "MSN Messenger Plus!" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\MsgPlus.exe /SilentInstallNoSponsor /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "ZoneAlarm" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\zaSuiteSetup.exe /s /i /noreboot /lickey <whoops>

REGEDIT %KEY%\005 /S "%systemdrive%\install\zonealarm.reg

%systemdrive%\install\config.xml" /f

EXIT

i know it's wrong.. but can someone fix it for me? :w00t::P would be great :thumbup

Edited by DjWhizZ

How do you know it's wrong?

Does it load the keys into the registry?

Do any of the applications install?

Do the files get copied to to the install folder, which contains all files so you may want to put each application inside it's own folder, makes life easier

This is very wrong

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\zaSuiteSetup.exe /s /i /noreboot /lickey <key removed as per rules>
REGEDIT %KEY%\005 /S "%systemdrive%\install\zonealarm.reg
%systemdrive%\install\config.xml" /f

should be

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\zaSuiteSetup.exe /s /i /noreboot /lickey <key removed as per rules>
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 2 /D regedit /S "%systemdrive%\install\zonealarm.reg %systemdrive%\install\config.xml" /f

You could place a pause at the end so you can see what happens or even after each line.

Remove your serial key please for nero.

Do you know those are the correct switches to install your desired applications correctly? do a search to clarify

try this site: http://unattended.msfn.org for further guidance

I'm testing right now on a virtual pc machine so i can let you see whats wrong, caus it load the keys.. but it's not installing silent.. you need to press next and stuff.. and i think it was msn plus thats not installing.. but i will make a screen capture of it :)

Edited by DjWhizZ

Here you got the first error, but i think thats the error of Zonealarm.. diddn't fix that yet :unsure:

[Pic1]

As you see in the pic below, daemon tools is not installing silently..

[Pic2]

And then when i cancel daemontools.. he gave an error by msn..

[Pic3]

Then at msn plus, he quickly goes to the zonealarm step, like in 1 sec.. so i don't think he installed it then.. think cause msn is not installed..

plz help :)

[pic1]

the regedit needs /s to silent apply the key or you will get that -

so make sure it looks like this

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 2 /D regedit /S "%systemdrive%\install\zonealarm.reg" /f

and see how you get on

[pic2]

your not using correct switches - search the application install thread

if you manually install it generates a .msi file - install that using /qn and will be ok

[pic3]

again your using incorrect switches - search the application install thread

don't use but switches

Thx, i'll search my a** off right now :D

Daemon Tools

Switch: /qn /Reboot=Suppress

Full syntax: daemon.msi /qn /Reboot=Suppress

Extraction needed: Yes

Key: "Extraction Needed" - Some applications need be extracted to access a number of files inside. Use WinRAR or a compatible extraction software to extract.

:blink:

So, i need to extract the msi(using z7)? but where to put the files then? in the same folder where the msi is? or.. am i thinking real wrong now :unsure:

NONONO, I think you forgot to put the end quotation mark at the end of the switch!

@oioldman it's

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 2 /D "regedit /S \"%systemdrive%\install\zonealarm.reg"\" /f

Or something like that when you have more than one quite. And you don't need quites unless there is a space between the path to regedit, and it's in system32 so you don't need to put a path, so the ideal way is

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 2 /D "regedit /S %systemdrive%\install\zonealarm.reg" /f

Edited by T D

ok it seems to work on a virtual pc, BUT.. msn and msn plus are not installing, he shows hes installing like installing firefox and stuff.. but when in windows.. i can't find it anywhere :o

and i installed it on a real pc, (old one) and then i get a error of 7z, do i need to put something from 7z on my cd?

and i tried it again(format and so one), and it shows the same error.. and an error that says msn installer is not found :o

someone help? do i need to add something on RunOnceEx so i give the apps the time to install or something? :huh:

Edited by DjWhizZ

what swicthes are you using for MSN & MSN Plus?

you should be able to use

msnmsgr.msi /quiet /norestart

msnpluse.exe /silentnosponsor and they'll be there.

not sure about the 7z as not sure what your trying to do with it

I have these 2..

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "MSN Messenger" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\MsnMsgs.msi /qn /norestart

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "MSN Messenger Plus!" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\MsgPlus.exe /SilentInstallNoSponsor

@DjWhizZ, don't forget to code tag your stuff

i'm guessing it may be because your missing

" /f

at the end of each line

again you would do well to place your apps inside a folder relevant to that app. e.g msnmsgs.msi & msgplus.exe in install\msn and office inside install\office.

just makes live easier in long run as you can see what is happening

Edited by oioldman