Yahoo! Widget Engine 3.1.2 Unattended OK, but...

ODC

OK. You can get the full installer from Softpedia. You can then extract the .msi file from the InstallShield executable, and install the Widget Engine unattended using the /qb switch.

But, after first run, you are walked through the world's worst welcome wizard. Anyone know how to bypass the welcome wizard?

Edited by ODC

Try utilities like killprocesswait

Set it to kill whatever process is the welcome screen.

I installed with /qn /norestart and there was no screen... oh well.

Oh, dont use the full installer. Download the online installer from http://widgets.yahoo.com and when it says installing, take out ywidgets_inst.exe from %temp% and xtract the msi. That has no welcome screen. Or use /S/V/"qn REBOOT=Suppress" on the exe itself.

Edited by T D

Hi. If you read my post, you will see that is what I am doing. I am using the full installer from Softpedia and extracting the .msi, finally using the /qb switch to install. This works great.

The problem is on first run, after the unattended process. The first time you start the widget engine, there is that horrible welcome widget that forces you to sit and wait untill the "continue" buttons become clickable on each frickin' page of the wizard. How can I disable that?