What do you think of making a cleanup post?

ajua

Im thinking of making a post to keep a record of shorcuts and paths created by installers so we all can come here and see where are shorcuts located and in wich paths are setups installed by default.

this will be helpful since we dont have to install a program normally just to see where it is being installed and where are their shortcuts located.

im making a template to post it on the web, but it can be posted here as well. i have paths and shorcuts for almost 50 programs now.

let me know what you think of this.

I think that just keeping track of the shortcuts created by the handful of programs I use is headache enough. :P

If you do make this effort, may I suggest that you include an accompanying newbie-proof batch file command for removing each shortcut? For example, if program X creates 5 shortcuts and a directory in the Start Menu's "Programs" directory, then an accompanying command line for removing each would be included. Or maybe that would get too messy and you could just leave it to the user, your call.

Some of us are pretty fastidious when it comes to cleaning up after shortcut droppings and could contribute our findings quickly, but it would probably fall to you to maintain the whole thing. I give you an "A" for effort just for suggesting such a project. ;)

im planning to use this info:

-Program name

-Program version

-Shortcuts for user

-Shortcuts for all users

-Start Menu entries

-Shortcuts in quick launch

-Default installation path

maybe i can post all stuff i already have i people can follow with contributions. the other choice is to send me info and i will add it to my original post later.

i will stand by for a couple of days to see if someone comes up with another idea or comments on this.