Problems with Win2k Professional SP4 in multiboot DVD

WhistlerRO

I used flyakite's multiboot dvd guide to create one of my own all-in-one dvds. I have put on it 98SE, ME, 2k Pro SP4, XP Pro SP1, XP Pro SP2, Knoppix 4.0 cd vers., Hiren's Boot CD 8 and BartPE. The problem I encountered is during attempt to install 2k SP4. After chosing option 1 (which in my boot menu stands for install), blue setup screen shows up, makes some tests or copies something and then "Please insert Windows 2000 Professional SP4 in drive A: and press Enter to continue" appears... :blink: I have looked through my setupldr.bin, 2pro.dat, txtsetup.sif, checked to see if the boot files are in place, if the names are all correct, and found nothing wrong. I can mention that I've used flyakite's boot files (2PRO folder) and the 2PRO.dat files. Ah, and I have one question... it says here this:\

So, there are a few things we can do:

1) The first and easiest thing you can try is using the boot folders that I am providing from my own DVD. I currently only have boot folders for Professional SP4 and Server SP4. If you use this method, just download the proper zip file and extract the contents into our AIO-DVD folder.

Examples:

D:\AIO-DVD\2PRO\

D:\AIO-DVD\2SRV\

2) Find boot disk files for whichever Windows 2000 edition you are using with the right service pack, and extract all of the files into the right boot folders with WinImage.

3) If you have Windows 98 or 2000 already installed on a real computer, copy the entire CD to the desktop. Slipstream SP4 if you want (there are countless guides out there on how to do this). Then run winnt32.exe and follow the instructions in the 2nd paragraph of choice 4....

I only clicked the Professional SP4 url, downloaded the 2PRO folder and put it in the AIODVD root. I didn't go through all the others steps. Should I have done that? If so, please tell where can I find the "boot disk files" (point nr.2) for Win2k Profesional SP4 and which are the right boot folders in my case? The 2PRO folder extracted from flyakite's which I copied in root??

10x, owe you guys ;)

Edited by WhistlerRO

It sounds as though you are missing some files from you AIO-DVD folder, make sure the following files are there :

1) CDROM_IP.5

2) CDROM_NT.5

3) cdromsp4.tst

If you read through flyakite's instructions again you will see that he does say to copy these files to the folder.

Hope this helps!