Someone please help me.

X-Centric

First off, I have read and searched through all the threads and the solutions arent working. I have a test multi-boot dvd setup with the default i386 naming convention (i386 being in the root of the dvd along with the 3 cd ident files WIN51, WIN51IP, WIN51IP.SP2). It works beautifully. Using a hex editor I used file 'replace all' to change "i386" to some 4 character (Uppercase) folder name that i chose to the following files SETUPLDR.BIN, TXTSETUP.SIF, and the boot image of the iso. The dvd boots, the install starts and the files copy from the NEW folder I chose to the drive. When the computer reboots and gets to the GUI part it asks me for the "Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD." The ident files are present, and it worked before I changed everything from "i386" to "WXPC". What "i386" instance did I change that messed everything up and ask for the sp2 cd? NOTE: I am using the newly released untouched isos from microsoft of home (oem) and pro (oem). The ones with all the updates up to february 2006. Plus the new decals.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

X-Centric

Assuming that you copied the boot folders to the root, and edit the pro.dat file to point to the folders,

you need to make sure that the txtsetup.sif points to the source files for the installation,

by default, txtsetup.sif will point to "\" and look for the I386 folder in the root.. ie...

Do the Following:

Open txtsetup.sif in your PRO1 (or whatever you named your boot folder) look for:

[setupData]

SetupSourcePath = "\" Change to "\folder where you have your xp files\"

^ make sure I386 folder is in this directory

Edited by chriskoivu