[Q]Roaming Profiles

Ok I have a user that wants to be able to logon to multiple machines at once. We have roaming profiles running in the network and I am trying to understand the results of doing this.

I was thinking multiple concurrent logons will cause problems with Profiles corruption, not sure if this is true.. Can anyone tell me the reprecussion of more than 1 concurrent logon of the same user running roaming profiles

Thanks for the help

Mark

I wouldn't think that you'd have profile corruption per se (temp files, favorites, desktop, etc), but, depending on where the user's files are located, file versioning issues such as saving a file in one location, then going back and saving a different copy from another location, etc. You could always create mandatory profiles (profile.man rather than profile.dat), which would help alleviate the profile versioning issues, but the file versioning issues will ultimately be up to the user.

Now do you really want them logging on to multiple machines at once? that is going to lead to files being replaced if they are opening the files on different machines like that. if you were worried about the clients files being corrupted by being logged onto multiple machines you could always set it to allow only one logon per user, there was a post on that previous. do a search and you can find it