IE6 open in separate window size

Silent Z

Not too big of a deal but when i am in IE6 and right click on a link to open in separate window...it doesnt open maximized...i have been able to fix this on W2K but the process I used doesnt work on WinXP. Please advise:)

I actually have this problem too:cry , anytime I open a second window in IE6 it isnt automatically at the maximized size but at the restore size. Sorry cant help u, played around with tools/folder options and tools/internet options yet it doesnt fix the prob??

not a big deal really :cool: , but ur not alone

not really a tweaking prob!!

The thing that drives me crazy is...I've gotten used to putting my mouse all the way in the top right and hitting the X, but when the stupid window isnt Maximized it kills whats behind it. Pain in the @$$.:mad:

Try right click on ur task bar and go properties so that u open taskbar/start menu properties and see if u have show quick launch ticked in taskbar....so that u get the little IE icon and others down near ur start button. I didnt have this before and since Ive enabled it all my IE windows open full

• 4 weeks later...

This is what I do. Open just 1 IE page, click on the "restore down" button so that it is only half the size of a full page. Manually resize it to fill the whole page, top, bottom, sides. Then close it. The next time you click to open another page it is almost full page, save for a few millimeters. Another way of opening a new window is instead of right-clicking then choosing open in new window, just press Shift while clicking on the link, it'll open another window.