[Error] Task scheduler can't find programs

HyperHacker

This is a problem that I've had basically as long as I've been using XP, but I never really paid any attention to it until now. I want to use the "at" command to run a music player of some sort at a given time. If I do this:

at 03:53 c:\progra~1\winamp\winamp f:\music\misc\bananaphone.mp3

It just doesn't run, shows an error when I run "at" again (just "error" next to the item and it's rescheduled for tomorrow) and the system log says it can't find the file. The same happens with any other program. I can run F:\test.bat, and it works, but the program (tried both Winamp and VLC) doesn't create a window, so I have to terminate the process to stop it; also, it runs a second instance of Winamp even though it's configured not to allow this. I suspect the problem may be related to the program being run as LOCAL SYSTEM instead of my own account, but I dunno what to do about it.

First, you need to add the /INTERACTIVE switch if you want anything to be able to interact with session 0 (the desktop), otherwise things may not work properly (especially when running as SYSTEM).