Cmdlines.txt and Riprep

UPDATE: Got both these answered by MS support. If anybody's interested let me know.

Guys,

Long time viewer, first time poster.

1) I need assitance with using Cmdlines.txt and riprep images. I have a cmdlines.txt file that resides in the \$OEM$ folder on my risetup image and runs just fine. However, when I make an riprep image, where do I put cmdlines.txt?

I saw a document (non-microsoft) that said I needed to create a folder structure in the \Riprep_dir_name\I386\Mirror1\UserData\Sysprep that mirrored the following:

\Riprep_dir_name\I386\Mirror1\UserData\Sysprep\I386\$OEM$. And then include my cmdlines.txt and associated file within that. <~~Anybody tried this or heard of it?

As well, I was to modify the riprep.sif answer file:

InstallFilesPath = "C:\sysprep\i386"

However, my riprep.sif answer file already contains InstallFilesPath="\\%SERVERNAME%\RemInst\%INSTALLPATH%\%MACHINETYPE%"

Any ideas?? I thought I would ask before spending time on testing it.

2) Anybody have any idea what riprep.exe /pnp does? The Microsoft documentation gives a generic answer. I'm looking for someone who has a real-world answer as far as the difference between running riprep.exe and riprep.exe /pnp. I thought riprep would detect plug-n-play hardware anyways without the /pnp switch.??

Thanks guys,

Scott

Edited by scott6191