USB Flash Drive Driver Packs?

Starbuck3733T

I'm building an image/autoinstaller for my corporate conference room machines. it's fine and dandy that people bring USB flash drives in and plug them into the machine but for some reason my RIS+Bashrat's setup prompts for drivers + credentials for the USB flash drives unless the logged on user is an administrator. Some flash drives (the "secure" ones) also prompt for their drivers, and I was wondering if any one had a driver pack or a list of drivers I should roll into this installer so these drives work automagically.

<3 ya bashrat! you've made my life easier already.

There are some problems with the scenario. First, most if not all USB flash drives are natively supported by XP as far as being a "drive". Second, even if you were to collect the drivers for all of the proprietary encryption schemes some of these vendors supply, non-admin users cannot install hardware. Yes, there are exceptions, such as flash drives which should install just fine, but the encryption driver and/or software is another matter entirely.

I work at a police department where a lot of the brass think they're the main star of 24 or something and like to encrypt everything all the time. What I did for them was stick TrueCrypt on each of their flash drives and show them how to use it properly. TrueCrypt is free, open source, and portable with multifactor authentication, so it works out rather nice with these flash drives.