[Error]Internet Explorer cannot open certain site

bahamut0

Hello

hmm...i don't know if this is an error or question catagory, but its more likely this is an error. so i put the error icon at front, if its not, then i will modify it.

My custin computer work fine until one day he cannot go into some particular sites, what i say particular site, is really a small amount of site (mostly is php forums), for example, xanga.com is one of the site that fall into the "cartigory". (hmm..do i spell this wrong?)

Anyway, i will put the picture that my custin's Internet Explorer so that its easiler to explain things:

scshot1.jpg

as what you would see in the picture, the page only return some of the weird word, instead of the webpage itself, i test it with another computer my custin owned, it works fine with the other one. and i test it at my home and it works fine as well, so i am pretty sure is his computer has some problem on his internet explorer.

the first thing that strike on my head is registy, but i got no idea where to look first, since it has way too many possibly in the registry entry...then i try to scan his registry to see if they have any invaild entry...at least for the start, but it throws out the windows error report saying this program is terminate...as usual for microsoft windows. now i got stuck on it. can anyone know what possible problem would be for this case?

one more thing, i test it with firefox 1.5 and it works fine too. but they like internet explorer more the firefox...i know i know, firefox is somewhat better the internet explorer, but my custin still like old fashion internet explorer...so swaping to firefox is not an option as well.

• 3 months later...