Disabling "Safely Remove Hardare" for SATA Drives

LiquidRain

Hey all. I've spent all day googling, trying things, hunting for options, searching the forums, asking people, everything. There are no topics in the forum (or pages on Google) with a real solution to this problem.

I have an nForce4 motherboard and use the onboard SATA for my HDD. Since it's SATA 2 it's hotpluggable. This causes the "safely remove hardware" icon to appear in my system tray. I do not want to merely hide the icon, I want it gone from my system tray.

There is a program called Safely Remove Icon Remover, but ludicriously it costs $10 and is shareware. Nonetheless I downloaded and installed it, and sure enough it works as advertised. I've run FileMon and RegMon while enabling and disabling the Safely Remove Hardware icon and I can't find anything of interest - there are no values being written by this process, only queries, so it does not appear to be a registry hack. You can try the program yourself here: http://www.safelyremove.com/

If someone else would like to help me try and get to the bottom of this, it'd be appreciated. I have checked all manner of drive properties, the SATA controller properties, all that I can, and I can't find any way to make this a permanent drive seen as non-removable.

Any help finding a solution would be much appreciated.

Edited by LiquidRain

I do not use nf4, but;

-a few days ago I set-up a new computer for my friend an it was nf4 and I saw that problem there.

-This is only a guess:

when running the setup program of the nf4 chipset, I think on the seckond section it asked for a ...I do not remember..a stuff. I clicked yes,

I think that driver makes that problem.

so uninstal the driver and run setup again, when it asked say "no" to this stuff.

It may work.sorry for my bad english.