SpecificTo=Adapter1

DHCP=No

IPAddress=192.168.0.2

SubnetMask=255.255.255.0

DefaultGateway=192.168.0.1

DNSServerSearchOrder=194.72.0.98,194.72.0.38

WINS=No

NetBIOSOptions=0

but it does not apply it to the connection...

i used setupmgr so i know the syntax is correct but there is still a problem... also i searched google/the forum and found another thread with the exact same problem but therer was no answer in it...

so... does anyone know how to get it to work??

[params.Adapter1]

INFID=*

You may want to try actually specifying a particular NIC here. I'm not 100% sure on this, but my line of thought is that if you have a FireWire adapter, the settings could be getting applied to it rather than your real NIC.

From what I'm reading in ref.chm you may want to try using the NetCardAddress entry as follows:

[params.Adapter1]
NetCardAddress=MAC Address

In the example that they give in the help file, the MAC address is solid with no dashes and it's preceded by "0x" (without the quotes). I'm not sure why as they make no effort to explain it. Also, it says that if you use NetCardAddress, INFID is ignored.

I think my initial thought may be correct as well considering this entry from the help file:

If InfID = *, Setup matches the first enumerated/detected network adapter on the computer with the settings in this section. Therefore, on a computer with a single network card, you can specify adapter-specific entries without knowing the name or type of the network adapter.
It would seem that if the FireWire NIC is detected first, it will get the settings. To test my theory out you could always do the install and then look at the network settings for the 1394NIC. Edited by RogueSpear

You may want to consult the help file and do some searches on Microsoft's web site to get all the information on that particular option. I really think that either it or my previous suggestion is what you're going to need in order to get the settings to take on your NIC.