AIO Partition, Format and launch unattended install

Hello All,

I have been searching and reading many threads here for the past few days and have yet to find a complete solution to meet my requirements (yes i could have missed the right one and if there is one already mentioned please point me in the right directions) :hello:

What i am looking for is this - I would like to have a single DVD that i can boot from that will partition the disk0, format to NTFS and then launch the XP unattended installation.

What i have so far is the Unattended installation complete and tested, and i have a manual process that i can select from the CD menu i have in place that will allow me to partition disk0 and format FAT32.

I have experimented with using

[UNATTEND]
FileSystem=ConvertNTFS

Without success and also experimented with

[GUIRunOnce]
Command1="cmd /c convert.exe c: /fs:ntfs /v"

as found here again without success.

I also have Winternals ERD 2005 on the CD - so i have the option to use a WinPE solution if that is the best option.

Ideally i would like to have a completely hands free option that i could predefine the size of Drive C: (say 20gb) and then the rest of the disk to become Drive D:. Also i would like a semi auto method that i could have prompt for Drive C: size and maybe continue to prompt for D- and so on until the disk is completely allocated.... maybe this is too much to ask for, but hey - if you don't ask the question you don't find out any answers :D

I would appreciate any and all advice. :thumbup

Edited by `Felix`

Sounds like you may have a multiboot disk. If so, then you could be able to setup a good solution from your custom menu perhaps.

Have you looked at the option of scripting DiskPart to setup partitions on the HDD and then execute Winnt32.exe to format and setup windows via the Winnt.sif?

:)