What does XP Upgrade look for when installing?

overclock

I would like to put on 1 DVD all of the stuff needed to install Win XP Pro Upgrade including the previous version of Windows (in my ME) so that I don't need to switch discs in the process. What is it that Win XP Pro Upgrade looks for on the disc of the prior version that I could include on my unattended install disc. I know that I can't automate it but I would like to at least not have to find the Win ME CD when I reinstall Win XP Pro Upgrade.

Thanks!

Why worry about what XP is looking for, if you are using a DVD then you could fit every MS operating system on there and still have room left over. I would dump both OS on the disk and go from there. By the way, i'm not sure if you were saying that you can't do a winme install unattended or not, but actually you can. same with XP. just don't know about doing one right after the other, but probably if you used the [GUI RUNONCE] section of the unattended file to launch the other installation it just might work.

I don't want to do an unattended install of ME but of XP. I have the ME disc but I wanted to know what it is exactly that the XP Upgrade looks for from the ME disc. Sorry, it is a bit confusing in my head and hard to explain on a forum. I thought about just putting the ME files on the DVD but for some reason I can't think of right now I thought that the ME files and the XP files would not get along on the same disc.

What I've found in my techie type work is that if you have a product key for an XP Upgrade disc it also works on XP Full Retail discs, meaning that if you just stick XP Full Retail then you needed worry about the upgrade part since the key works on it's full version counter part...