Shared Folders - Win 2003 Server

myone

Hi,

May I know what is the best way to share folders in a windows 2003 & Exchange 2003, Active user and directoy enviroment?

How can I limit the size of these shared folders?

Thank you in advance for your kind replies.

Rgds,

MyOne :)

as for the shared files and folders, can we only allow the user to open the files and work on it and save back to the server directly which is the normal thing, but disable the delete and move folder function?

under the security tab of the folder properties (this folder needs to be on a NTFS based partition for this to be there) set the group you want to have access to the share here and set their permission to read & execute, read, write, list folder contents. this will let them read the files and write to them.

if you want some that is company wide that everyone can access you may want to looking to WSS (Windows SharePoint Services) it works well as an intranet site to share files and such. also as cluberti said public folders will no longer be with us in E12, i do beleive there is a way to retain them if need be though, there are some webcasts at technet on E12 if you wanted to find out more on the public folders. but i would defiantly look into sharepoint services/ also office 2007 will have a sharepoint portal that will run just like WSS