Sound error

l3lueMage

I am wondering why my sound wont work on build 5342.

I have a intel® 82801DB/DBM AC '97 Audio Controller, it says device working properly but I dont recieve any sound. Also when I goto the sound manager I get these(what are the shields by the sound thing):

sound8ua.jpg

sound28lf.jpg

Haha alright, sound not important atm..also I have one more question

I am administrator on this computer, and when I try compiling a C++ program, it says "I am not administrator and/or I am not part of the debugging user group"...or something, so I cannot debug/run my C++ programs...

I have no problems with my sound card working, have you tried to install the drivers for XP in compadibility mode.

I am administrator on this computer, and when I try compiling a C++ program, it says "I am not administrator and/or I am not part of the debugging user group"...or something, so I cannot debug/run my C++ programs...
Are you sure, because there is only one administartor for Vista they have a neutor admin group which is not the same as a administrator, I run a hack so I can use the real administrator in Vista.

Here is what I do

1:\ Start menu right click the Computer and select Manage

2:\ Expand the Local User And Groups

3:\ Select Users

4:\ Optional but it what I do Rename the Administator to a another Name

5:\ Run the below reg entry this allows the Renamed Administrator to show

on the log on screen

Rename_Admin.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList]

"HelpAssistant"=dword:00000000

"TsInternetUser"=dword:00000000

"SQLAgentCmdExec"=dword:00000000

"NetShowServices"=dword:00000000

"IWAM_"=dword:00010000

"IUSR_"=dword:00010000

"VUSR_"=dword:00010000

"PLACE_NEW_NAME_OR_ADMINISTARTOR_NAME_HERE"=dword:00000001

Remove By Gsm

Edited by gunsmokingman

Okay thanks lemme try it hehe

Okay, that worked but my sound like the volume it sees my device but it still doesnt work...It looks like yours except with the icons and that second volume bar

Edited by l3lueMage

I have them running, and I tried uninstalling/reinstalling on the real administrator account...Do you have a different driver? mine says all up to date but I dunno if it is..

Edited by l3lueMage

Mine just installs that way, from the install. What build of Vista are you using, I am using the latest from Microsoft, Vista 5342. It could be a bad build that you down loaded, I get mine from the connect site as I am in the beta.

Go to the site manufacture of your sound card down load the latest drivers, then try to install them in compadibility mode. Does your device manager look like this

Remove By Gsm

Edited by gunsmokingman

Thanks I got it after that "hack" you made for administrator thing, I just had to restart my computer XD!

Kinda lagged, I was using my computer for about 5minutes then it finally played the login music LOL!