Hi, 2 in 1?

myone

hi,

i'm new here. sorry if this question sounds stupid... :(

i think my co. bought 2 scsi hard drives. but when i check "disk management", i can only see disk0 (1 disk) but 2 drives letter(C and D).

question: how many hard drive do i have? :(

You have one physical disk, it is devided into two partitions.

The C: and D: are virtual representations of volumes on the physical hard drive.

- On seccond look, it seems you have a hardware raid system so it could still be multiple Harddrives that are configured in a raid setup.

To find out how many drives and how the raid is set up you would neet to check the Adaptec Raid setup, wich probably can be accessed right after boot, where it will show a menu and option to go to configuration screen.

Hope it helps

Edited by Zartach

You have one physical disk, it is devided into two partitions.

The C: and D: are virtual representations of volumes on the physical hard drive.

- On seccond look, it seems you have a hardware raid system so it could still be multiple Harddrives that are configured in a raid setup.

To find out how many drives and how the raid is set up you would neet to check the Adaptec Raid setup, wich probably can be accessed right after boot, where it will show a menu and option to go to configuration screen.

Hope it helps

err... do i really have to restart the server to find out? any other ways?

er...and sorry...what is Raid system?

can i create another drive E: from it?

Edited by myone

---

err... do i really have to restart the server to find out? any other ways?

er...and sorry...what is Raid system?

can i create another drive E: from it?

There might be software from the hardware vendor that can do this from windows, in your case it says the vendor is adaptec. Creating an extra drive can is some cases be done, but it heavily depends on the current configuration and how mutch space is allready allocated.