Copying the bootable part of the Win98SE cd

King_V

Ok, I'm sure someone must've done this before, but I don't quite know where to begin.

I want to essentially make my own Win98SE installation CD so that I can install 98lite without having to take the extra steps normally involved with swapping CDs, etc.

I've always found the bootup part of the 98SE cd convenient, with the generic CD drivers, basic command-line prompt, etc.

So, what I want is to make a CD with my own customized 98setup folder (made with 98lite), another folder with a bunch of useful command-line utilities, but with the same bootup program that the original 98se CD has.

The only program for CD making I have is version 6 of Nero express.

Do I have what I need to accomplish what I want? If so, how exactly do I go about it? It's really copying over the bootable stuff that has me scratching my head. Correction, getting the MS bootable stuff specifically. Nero has its own bootable files that you can opt to put on the disc, but they're not compatible with the Win98 install program.

Thanks!

Edited by King_V

try ultraiso. you can extract the boot sectors from cd's,save them,and add them to make iso's bootable or since you're making your own,you can add that to your .iso

burn from the .iso{you can do that in nero,nero calls it an "Image"}and ready to go.