Windows Setup Timeline

I've been through the Guide and the forums but I can't seem to find a definative timeline for Windows setup. I see references to various points like T-13, T-38, etc and I can piece together the major parts but is the entire timeline available somewhere here or elsewhere?

Yeah the site's great and that's how I found MSFN in the first place! But, I have been all through that and the Guide but the closest thing I could find was in the reference section, but I was looking for something more detailed.

I see a few references to different time points, T-13 and such, but what exactly are they and what are the rest of them? I was wondering if there was a complete reference to the timeline.

I'm not exactly sure what it is you're asking for if the MSFN guide's timeline isn't good enough, but I'll attempt to clarify. If you're not sure what's meant by T-9, T-13, etc, it's referring to when Windows setup says it has X minutes left (so that would be T-13 refers to when the little status bar in the bottom left says 13 minutes remaining). It's particularly useful to know when various tasks are performed during Windows setup so you can properly time various things you may have to do (for example, if you need to import a specific registry tweak for a program, you want to make sure the program is installed first).

Is that what you were looking for or was it something more specific? I've got a pretty good idea of when most events happen during XP setup through a lot of screwing around, so I can probably answer more specific questions if you've got them.

Edited by RyanVM

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. From the way it sounds when you reference time T-13 and such I thought it may have been from some kind of documentation I haven't found yet. I don't have anything specific yet but I'm just starting to map out my customizations and when would be the best time to do it.

I'll pay more attention to the progress bar and post any additional questions when they come up.

Thanks again.