.NetFramework 1.1

About half way into the RunonceEx in a fully unattended install of Windows XP Pro SP2, the setup starts downloading .Net Framework 1.1 and halts the runonceEx. I have to cancel it after the download completetes when it starts the install (if I don't, it will reboot after the install and before all the programs I have set up in RunonceEx finish). I don't want .Net Framework 1.1. I have .Net Framework 2.0 to install in the RunonceEx. How do I get the unattended install to quit doing that?

Additional info: I got all the hotfixes from the msfn site and used nLite to integrate them. I also used Bâshrat the Sneaky's DriverPacks to setup all the most recent drivers.

Many thanks for your help.

AFAIK, Windows setup doesn't do that.

Check the app that is installing "About half way into the RunonceEx" : it's the culprit.

You should install .NET 2 before this app, and hope it will be detected ; if not you'll need to update this app to a newer version.

I don't see how some app I have running from RunonceEx is doing that because the only apps that are in there are Diskeeper 10 and some of the Windows XP powertoys. Also, I ran the RunonceEx before doing a clean unattended install to test it out and never got the downloading and attempt to install .NetFramework 1.1.

One of the drivers in the Bâshrat the Sneaky's DriverPacks that gets installed is the ATI Radeon 600 and I know the catalyst for that requires .netframework. But I checked the inf file for that driver and I don't see where it would be requiring the download and installation of .NetFramework, though I could have missed it. I have installed that manually before and it didn't try to download and install .NetFramework 1.1, though on reboot the catalyst didn't work until I installed .NetFramework.

Any other thoughts?

Many thanks again. As you probably can tell, I'm new at this and so the help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Delprat. The thread you gave indicates that one has to install the .net himself, so it doesn't appear to be the culprit. Hopefully someone else has run into this issue and found the culprit.

Guest Denney

I believe that Diskeeper 10 requires the .NET Framework to run. Take Diskeeper out of the image and see it still asks you to install the .NET Framework.

I think you're right, Denney. I looked at the setup file for Diskeeper and it has this in it:

dotnetredistSp2.exelangpack.exeMicrosoft® .NET FrameworkJ#CmdLine/jscmd:\"""/q:a

and other stuff relating to donet.

What if I have the .Net Framework 2.0 run first before Diskeeper? Wouldn't Diskeeper then know .Net Framework 2.0 is installed and not try to install 1.1?

Many thanks.

Depends if Diskeeper 10 can run on .NET v2.0. Most programs need to be ported over to .NET v2.0 before they will run (being a .NET developer, I can tell you now, this can be a real pain in the ****).

Some programs will work, others won't. Simple as that. As a safeguard, I always install both .NET v1.1 and .NET v2.0 on my machines. Doesn't hurt to have them both.

Blame Microsoft for the backward compatibility breaking.