RIS build sysprep image

I have a slight problem with my build. This is what I have done

Had a standard win2k sp4 RIS image.

Rebuilt a PC with that and configured it with all the apps and settings I required.

After that I ran sysprep and ghosted the image.

Now each time I ghost a PC the admin password doesnt appear and the PC is not added to the domain automatically.

I have tested my sysprep .inf file on a clean build not using RIS and it works fine. Everything is automated 100%.

I have tried changing the Computername in the .inf file to %doesntmatter% and re- sysprep the PC. After reboot and it starts to rebuild again, the process stops at the "Computer Name and Password" section and shows the computer name as %MACHINENAME%.

This was the setting used by the RIS installation. WHERE is it picking this up from?

can someone point me in the right direction.

Edited by ukdup2003

Does it run through the sysprep routine when you boot the PC up after imaging but it dosent automate the answers you put in the inf file?

If so this could be because you are saving the sysprep files to the wrong location on the HDD.

make sure you have a folder called c:\sysprep & your inf file & sysprep files are located in this before running it.. if the files are not in this location when the PC reboots it will not be able to read the inf file.

hi thanks for the reponse

Yes the sysprep setup does run and the INF file is in the sysprep directory in the C:\sysprep

I know its using some of the inf file cos I changed the

[OEM_Ads]

Background="test.bmp"

to

[OEM_Ads]

Background="newpic.bmp"

and it picked up the new background picture

but if I change

[userData]

ComputerName = %MACHINENAME%

to

[userData]

ComputerName = %changePCname%

then when the PC reboots and runs thru the script the computer name var still shows as %MACHINENAME%