Sysprepcleanup Section - What Is It And Why Should I Use It?

In researching Sysprep.inf, I've come across several example files that include a section called [sysprepcleanup] but nothing that actually explains any details about what this section is.

Can anyone point me to some documentation regarding this section?

What's it used for? Should it be used? I only find a single line in the CHM's included with Sysprep and Windows PE so I'm a bit at a loss on this section. Any help would be appreciated.

sysprepcleanup is created when you use sysprep to create the massstoragedrivers section. The entries are the items that sysprep puts in for the mass storage drivers which need to be removed after deployment to the new machine if they are not installed. So you don't need to do anything unless you want to manually do the cleanup for some reason you can run 'sysprep -clean' whith a sysprep.inf with this section and it will clean out the devices listed in the cleanup section.

IcemanND,

Thanks for the reply but I've been running sysprep -bsmd for a long time now and have never seen this entry created during this process.

If I manually add the [sysprepcleanup] to the sysprep.inf BEFORE running sysprep-bmsd will it actually populate this section?

Edited by vortex0007

it seems to depend upon what drivers you install for the mass storage section.

I normally use a small portion of the Mass storage driverpack, but when I use almost all of it it gets created.

checkout the drivers forum here one of the members has created numerous driverpacks for use with unnattended cd's or other projects where you need drivers for lots of different hardware.