Office Shrink Problems

Doctor Trout

Hey guys,

I've been trying to use Office Shink, and I've run into a bit of a problem. I made the .MST file fine. I've done the administrative install fine. However, when I go to use Office Shrink it copies about 30 megs of files, and then stops. Then, when I run the transform it points out that it can't find most of the files, since they haven't been copied by Office Shrink. Any idea what's wrong with it? Or how I can make it work properly...?

Edit: Think I've fixed it now - don't worry about it.

Edit: Edit: Actually, perhaps maybe not. Office Shrinker now comes up with a message box saying the Shrink is complete, however, when I go to install, I still get the same problem...

Edited by Doctor Trout

The number one rule for Office Shrinker (and probably the one least taken seriously) is to run it on virtual PC or clean install of Windows. Have as little installed on the system as you can get away with, especially your Office program. If Office Shrinker fails due to programs already installed, even their removal won't improve its operation, in my experience.

I have sucessfully shrunk two out of about six attempts. The OfficeShrinking operation will even corrupt the next run in sequence--making the VPC the more convenient of the two production methods.

• 1 year later...