SAV 10 Corp Ed Slipstreamed help please

mhlevy

Some time ago, there was a web posting *and I can't remember where I found it** that described the requirements for slipstreaming the client install of Symantec AntiVirus Corp Ed 10 (10.0.2. but it wasn't version specific), and for the life of me, I don't know where I found it. Of course, Symantec's web site is of no help whatsover, and I would love to try this again.

I've had some luck with an unattended MSI installation, however, only with the distribution software, NOT the slipstreamed installation directory.

I was hoping that someone could help me address the following issues...

1) Please point me back to the document that describes the procedure for slipstreaming the SAV installation folder with the different MSP files (3 have been released since 10.0.2.2000)

2) Please help me understand why the slipstreamed installation folder is so much larger than the distribution folder (original distribution: 34MB, slipstreamed: 62MB). New folders were created, and the installation will fail if they're not there. Is there some way to reduce the size of the slipstreamed installation directory to 34MB or thereabouts? The problem is that we've got to do the installations across a WAN, and some of the links are slow.

3) Is there a way to patch the VPHOME share and get the automated installation to work?

3) I had some good luck with this unattended install command line, but the problem is that it doesn't seem to want to work with slipstreamed instalations (but it works well from the unpatched VPHOME share

msiexec.exe /i "\\SAVSERVER\vphome\CLT-INST\WIN32\Symantec Antivirus.msi" /qb!- /l \\SAVSERVER\VPinstall.log\LogFiles\%COMPUTERNAME%.SAV10.log ADDLOCAL=ALL NETWORKTYPE=1 SERVERNAME=SAVSERVER RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=FORCE

Thanks for your time.

Mark

how to slipstream virus def update into sav10 installer and make it silent installer

Yes, thanks. That's exactly what I would love to do. But I'm afraid that I've run into problems, both with doing the slipstreaming of the patches (because I can't find the document), and then getting an automated, silent install to work with the slipstreamed installation folder, or just something based on the SAV (client install) directory

I hope to hear back from you or anyone else soon.

Thanks!

Mark

Some time ago, there was a web posting *and I can't remember where I found it** that described the requirements for slipstreaming the client install of Symantec AntiVirus Corp Ed 10 (10.0.2. but it wasn't version specific), and for the life of me, I don't know where I found it. Of course, Symantec's web site is of no help whatsover, and I would love to try this again.

I've had some luck with an unattended MSI installation, however, only with the distribution software, NOT the slipstreamed installation directory.

1) Please point me back to the document that describes the procedure for slipstreaming the SAV installation folder with the different MSP files (3 have been released since 10.0.2.2000)

2) Please help me understand why the slipstreamed installation folder is so much larger than the distribution folder (original distribution: 34MB, slipstreamed: 62MB). New folders were created, and the installation will fail if they're not there. Is there some way to reduce the size of the slipstreamed installation directory to 34MB or thereabouts? The problem is that we've got to do the installations across a WAN, and some of the links are slow.

3) Is there a way to patch the VPHOME share and get the automated installation to work?

3) I had some good luck with this unattended install command line, but the problem is that it doesn't seem to want to work with slipstreamed instalations (but it works well from the unpatched VPHOME share

msiexec.exe /i "\\SAVSERVER\vphome\CLT-INST\WIN32\Symantec Antivirus.msi" /qb!- /l \\SAVSERVER\VPinstall.log\LogFiles\%COMPUTERNAME%.SAV10.log ADDLOCAL=ALL NETWORKTYPE=1 SERVERNAME=SAVSERVER RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=FORCE

Thanks for your time.

Mark

here is what i did.. in runonce cmd installing it from a CDrom

----------------------------------------

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %CDROM%\3rdPartyApps\SAV101TP\PreventStartScan.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\3rdPartyApps\SAV101TP\Symantec.msi RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS ENABLEAUTOPROTECT=1 ADDLOCAL=SAVMain,SAVUI,SAVHelp,EMailTools /qb" /f

and the reg key for prevent scan contains

--------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\Custom Tasks]

"CreatedUserQuickScan"=dword:00000001

"CopiedDefaultScanOptions"=dword:00000001

also if you want to have a newer version of the definition files.. just download the latest definition from symantec, find the definition folder extract the files and then zip it up to be named.. VDefHub.zip

it will load the installation with the newest updates..

Thanks for your time.

Mark

here is what i did.. in runonce cmd installing it from a CDrom

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %CDROM%\3rdPartyApps\SAV101TP\PreventStartScan.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\3rdPartyApps\SAV101TP\Symantec.msi RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS ENABLEAUTOPROTECT=1 ADDLOCAL=SAVMain,SAVUI,SAVHelp,EMailTools /qb" /f

and the reg key for prevent scan contains

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\Custom Tasks]

"CreatedUserQuickScan"=dword:00000001

"CopiedDefaultScanOptions"=dword:00000001

also if you want to have a newer version of the definition files.. just download the latest definition from symantec, find the definition folder extract the files and then zip it up to be named.. VDefHub.zip

it will load the installation with the newest updates..

after some months or perhaps a year later, the virus def. will still expired... how about Autoit script??

after some months or perhaps a year later, the virus def. will still expired... how about Autoit script??

I have not explorer that option yet, I just got started with runonceex.cmd, but i will look into that! :thumbup

by the way, any one point me to putting extra quotes in a comand file?

"c:\MsnMsgs75.msi IAGREE="Yes" ADDEXPLORERTOOLBAR="" SETSEARCHENGINE="" SETHOMEPAGE="" /qb-" /f

i found this for deploying msn messenger, but it has extra quotes, where do I put /" ?

thanks