runonceex.cmd help

Here is what I have...

There are some reg tweaks that won't "stick" during the installation process.

What i have done is create a runonce.ex file that runs my reg tweaks (that didn't stick) and then runs a cmdlines.exe which restarts the computer after the reg tweaks have been applied.

I just cannot get this runonce.exe to run on the very first time the desktop comes up. Therefore I have to manually restart, then when the desktop comes up this second time, it will run my reg tweaks and restart itself.

Is there anyway that I can make the reg tweaks run and my restart command run on the very first time the desktop shows up?

Thanx in advance.

Currently this is running from the [GuiRunOnce] in the winnt.sif file

My cmdlines.txt can run my runonceex.cmd? Presently that is where i run my reg tweaks from, but like i said, some won't stick.

I wont have a conflict runnung both of these from cmdlines?

@reido113: I like to run several operations from first boot and use a method described HERE to accomplish the task. You could easily change the batch file (called "cleanup.cmd") to import your reg tweaks. It is a tad involved, but very versatile.

Interesting blinkdt.

Lemme see if I sorta have the right idea now.

I would place my finish.exe file in the ($OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup)

Now the .cmd file (in the Setup=cleanup.cmd line) gets extracted to the Temp folder and automatically gets run? right? Where do I put this .cmd file to begin with?

Can it just run the .reg file (Setup=tweaks.reg) or does the .reg file have to run from the .cmd file?

Yep, no problems.

I put a batch in the startup folder, that runs another batch(in another root) which installs my reg tweaks then cleans up by deleting the batch from the startup and "whala" done....

Thanx again, it may have taken weeks to figure that nice move out by myself.

YOU ROCK :thumbup