A question from a very beginner

Hi. I have just begun to make an unattended xp cd on my own. I can make an xpcd which has sp2 and all the hotfixes upto now with nLite, no problem. But when I want to put programs on that cd I get confused very much; batch files, winnt.sif, runonce.ex.cmd :( I don't know about these.

What I want is this:

When installing windows, I want these applications to be installed from cd too:

Office2003

Frontpage2003

MacromediaMX

Adobe Reader

Winamp

Winrar

Flashget

Kaspersky

Mediaplayer10

Nero

and maybe more...

I know that there must be enough space in cd for these progs and I have silent setup files for these programs. All are single exe's. I found them from somewhere. Can anybody patient tell me what to do, step by step. I mean where to put these exes in cd, what files must be changed for install etc.

Edited by Ironeagle

Thanks RyanVM, I know there and I have read many times before but believe me this is a difficult subject for me to understand and one must have enough knowledge over some areas to understand it. I don't have.

Check out www.appdeploy.com for information on how to do silent installs for various applications.

As for starting everything off I would just run a batch file from the [GuiRunOnce] section of winnt.sif. If you put the batch file in the $OEM$\$1\Temp folder it will get copied to the local hard drive.

[GuiRunOnce]

"%SystemDrive%\Temp\run.bat"

Since you are installing off a CD you may want to look at 7-zip. 7-Zip is freeware and it can compress your installs into self-extracting executables.