unattended install of office

almera

Pls help me i have to install office on net work clients, i would like it to be done in a silent manner without them having to do anything. I tried editing the setup.ini fle but i still had to do next.

PLS help me :hello:

You can create a silent install (.mst) using Office Resource Kit (you can use the XP version to prepare a 2003 installation) and use to install Office, but I suggets to apply to the original media and create a silent 7-Zip installer (I did this way and my XP got only 160MB and the 2003 197MB - both Portuguese, full install). Don't forget to create an administrative install (execute "setup.exe /a").

Take a look at MSFN's Unattended Guide for Office XP and MSFN's Unattended Guide for Office 2003.

Edited by victor_008

I got it to work. But i would like it to run from the network or to do a push rom a server. Is there a simple tool to write msi files or sometihing like that?

Edited by almera

Try Microsoft's free tool WinInstallLE. A Google search will find it for you. However, Office already comes with .MSI files. The free resource kit tools will let you create a .MST file that can customize the install for you.

Check out the links above to start then try the web, there is tons of info. on how to push office from the network or on CD.