Nlite cd to a network share

Same thing: network is there (ping ok) but I've got the same message:

Logging on to network

Type your password:**************

You were logged on, but have not been validated by a server. Therefore, you may not have permission to use some network ressources.

The command completed successfully.

now user's password is null... (username is an existing one on the server). I'll give a try with a real password.

:unsure::wacko::blink:

EDIT:

using a password, it works !!!! :thumbup

I got the same message as above BUT net use now works while it did not without password.

Edited by Djé

@Djé

Pleased to hear you got your DOS boot disk working ok.

They can be a bit of a scum to get working.

I'm not sure exactly of the differences but i think the fact that your "server" with the distribution source files is running XP Home may not have helped with your networking issue.

Unless you know something I don't (and please share if so!), then you should remember that XP Home can only use "simple file sharing".

XP Pro can also support the "classic" file sharing model with full "Access Control Lists" which becomes important when you're trying to remotely access files on a disk with NTFS permissions.

Now, if you've shared a folder from your XP Home "server", then Everyone should be able to see it. But, not everyone may necessarily be able to access it. This will depend in part on the username/passsword you connect with and also a couple of settings in your "server" Local Security Policy.

There is quite a lot of info about these sort of networking issues on the web, and it's explained a lot better than I can.

Just in case it helps you or anyone else out, I've posted all my settings for doing a NetBEUI boot here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=72102

It didn't seem quite relevant putting it all in this thread...

Longish post sorry, so be ye warned!