getting office & mst fileto run in RunOnceEX

right. i currently have the following command to install my administrative install of office 2003 with my mst file. (server name has been substituted for now)

"\\\server\it$\Software\Office\Office 2003\CD1\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS="\\server\it$\Software\Office\Office 2003\cd1\New Custom Setup File.MST" /qb-

i couldnt get this string to run in runonceEx so at present I point to the batch file which then runs this command..

can i get away with running this in the runonceex & what would I need to do with the " to get it to work..

will this work.

%KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "\"\\\server\it$\Software\Office\Office 2003\CD1\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS="\\server\it$\Software\Office\Office 2003\cd1\New Custom Setup File.MST/" /qb-" /f

%KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "\"\\\server\it$\Software\Office\Office 2003\CD1\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS="\\server\it$\Software\Office\Office 2003\cd1\New Custom Setup File.MST/" /qb-" /f

I haven't tried this, but your line doesn't look right. Try:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D ""\\server\it$\Software\Office\Office 2003\CD1\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS="\\server\it$\Software\Office\Office 2003\cd1\New Custom Setup File.MST" /qb-" /f

If you remove the spaces from your MST and Office folder, you might launch without the quotes (if they are the problem).

I'd probably rename the MST and do it like this:

SET OFC="\\server\it$\Software\Office\Office 2003\CD1"

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%OFC%\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=%OFC%\Custom.MST /qb-" /f

But basically I just think your RunOnceEx line is wrong. Try the one I pasted first :)

Edited by Silent Bob