Exporting Registration details

kitts

How d i export my current program registration details unattended the next time i run RunOnceex.cmd...?

is it possible by using .reg details? if so what is the method of copying the details and making it exported fresh installation unattended?

the easy way is to use a registry editor of your choice (or use windows built-in regedit). then you have to know where are the registration details and/or settings of the program you want.

most reg editors can just right click on the key or keys you want to export and they save it as a .reg file.

when you run your app from runonceex you have to import the .reg file using syntax like this:

REG ADD %KEY%\099 /VE /D "GlobFX Swiff Player 1.1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\099 /V 1 /D "%cdrom%\Programas\swiffplayer\swiffplayer.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\099 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %cdrom%\Programas\swiffplayer\settings.reg" /f

hope this answer you question.

the easy way is to use a registry editor of your choice (or use windows built-in regedit). then you have to know where are the registration details and/or settings of the program you want.

most reg editors can just right click on the key or keys you want to export and they save it as a .reg file.

when you run your app from runonceex you have to import the .reg file using syntax like this:

REG ADD %KEY%\099 /VE /D "GlobFX Swiff Player 1.1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\099 /V 1 /D "%cdrom%\Programas\swiffplayer\swiffplayer.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\099 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %cdrom%\Programas\swiffplayer\settings.reg" /f

hope this answer you question.

i now understand..but in which part of regedit do serial and other details are entered?

Many programs store their settings in this registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\<application>]

This placement is far from universal, though. If you can't find it here, or regedit's own search function doesn't locate it, use a monitoring tool (such as Regshot) during activation.

• 2 weeks later...

there is also a freeware app called Whatchanged that monitors files and registry and makes a report of what changes have been performed. dont remeber where to get it but i think googling it will pop-up something useful.