[Help] - I can't logoff :(

Ivanov

Hello!

I have problem with my computer, again. :no: I hate the PC, I hate the XP :}

Now, when I try to logoff (not everey time), computer restart itself, without any logoff screen.

Just black screen and restart (like a cold restart). I have searched the forum, google and MS Knowledge Base. NOTHING. :( If u can help - please, write! I try to reinstall XP SP2 wit latest updates - no result.

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Does this issue happen from a reboot in safe mode, or just regular boot? If it doesn't happen in safe mode, you can be sure it's a driver or startup application/service causing the issue. However, if it happens in safe mode too, it could be that the machine is crashing - could be an issue with the software, but it could also be hardware. Make sure you've configured your PC to create a COMPLETE memory dump, that your page file is on C: and is at least RAM+50MB in size, and then try to make the problem occur. If the machine is crashing (not from hardware errors), it should now bluescreen rather than just reboot.

If the machine still just reboots, I would consider checking the hardware (especially the RAM) for errors.