antivirus porgram on x64 win2003 standard edition

r6su

Hi there,

I have big Q :( . I have symantec's antivirus corporate edition and x64 server running win2003server standard edition x64. AV supports only x32 archidectur windows. Is there some kind of emulator for me that makes some kind of x32 platform to AV to run on?

Edited by r6su

No, there is no emulator - the problem is that x64 doesn't allow 32bit file system filter drivers.

However, Symantec does have an x64 version of Symantec Antivirus 10.0. You'll need to get that from Symantec and install on x64 if you want Symantec Antivirus on your x64 machines.

No, there is no emulator - the problem is that x64 doesn't allow 32bit file system filter drivers.

However, Symantec does have an x64 version of Symantec Antivirus 10.0. You'll need to get that from Symantec and install on x64 if you want Symantec Antivirus on your x64 machines.

Thanx Club,

Yes ther is Symantec Client software thats supports X64 and version of that is 10.0.1 but only client software doesn't satisfy me, because i have 70 clients and i want to know what's going on every day. I didn't find any Symatec's centralizised client monitoring tools that supports X64. Can anyone help me with this kind of tools that supports X64????

The Symantec System Center console that ships with the 32bit version can talk to x64 versions, as far as I'm aware. You shouldn't have to modify that - only install the x64 version.

What does Symantec say about this?

The Symantec System Center console that ships with the 32bit version can talk to x64 versions, as far as I'm aware. You shouldn't have to modify that - only install the x64 version.

What does Symantec say about this?

I asked and they said................

Dear Mr....

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yes our Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edtion is supplied with a System Centre Console which supports window server 2003. Please find a link below for some further information:

http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.co.uk/p...m?productid=288

If you have any further customer service queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

You can also access further information on our web site at the following address:

http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_eu/tech...rise/index.html

Kind regards,

Annett Long

Symantec Enterprise Customer Service

Europe, Middle East and Africa

I asked again and this is what i get...

Dear Mr....,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Unforntunately Symantec does not currently support 64 bit Servers. Only workstations.

If you have any further customer service queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

You can also access further information on our web site at the following address:

http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_eu/tech...rise/index.html

Kind regards,

Olivier Bris

Symantec Enterprise Customer Service

Europe, Middle East and Africa

So there is nothing more to too till Symantec starts supporting 64 bit servers. Now....new installation of Win2003server, this time 32bit version on 64 bit machine...what a waste....:realmad:

:D

End of story

Edited by r6su