[Guide] Nero 7.0.8.2.

BoardBabe

There is a problem with installing using this script. I don't know if it is a problem or if it actually is by design, although I presume it is a problem since I can't imagine why it would be by design.

The problem:

The installation is fine and the programs work fine, except that the function to register any of the programs with 'Auto Play' is not available. In other words when I insert a blank CD/DVD in the writer, the 'Auto Play' function of windows popups and asks what program to use depending on the type of CD/DVD inserted. But none of the Nero programs are listed as an option.

I have scutinized the script to see if it may cause this, but the script looks harmless in what it does. There is no reason for the script to cause this. This may yet another of the many bugs that Nero may still need to fix with version 7.

I have scutinized the script to see if it may cause this, but the script looks harmless in what it does. There is no reason for the script to cause this. This may yet another of the many bugs that Nero may still need to fix with version 7.

The problem is probably not with Nero, because if you do a straightforward install of Nero, it registers the programs with 'Auto Play' just fine.

• 1 month later...

Nero 7.2.0.3 is out and there is good new and bad news. The good news is that the Old script still works to silently install this and more importantly the problem of Nero not being listed as a handler in 'Auto Play', is resolved it seems. The bad news is that the script is no longer succesfull in picking the components you want installed. Basically, regardless of the components you chose for installation in the script, the whole of the Nero package gets installed.

Edited by Sanjay

Just conpaired the config files from 7.0.8.2 and 7.2.0.3 only one line changed

INCEXCFTR (2FF8B816) (Actions) NeroHome INCLUDE

INCEXCFTR (2FF8B816) (Features) NeroHome INCLUDE

Just wondering why BoardBabe is silent on the updated v7.2.0.3. BoardBabe, if you are listening, ehmm reading this please holler we need your help to modify the script to work with the new Nero release.

Just conpaired the config files from 7.0.8.2 and 7.2.0.3 only one line changed

INCEXCFTR (2FF8B816) (Actions) NeroHome INCLUDE

INCEXCFTR (2FF8B816) (Features) NeroHome INCLUDE

Interesting, has to be a simple syntax fix then, just no idea on how to do it. We definately need BoardBabe's help.

Dennis