App to Copy Path to Clipboard

beaker

I made an application that allows you right-click on any file/folder/drive and copy the path to the clipboard. I know there are others already out there, but I wanted something that had no interface and wasn't in a submenu. It's written in .NET 1.1, so you'd need the framework installed. Now that all the disclaimers are out of the way, I was wondering if this is something that anyone would be interested in. If so, I would post to the 'net. If not, no big deal, it works for me...

Just looking for feedback, thanks.

prathapml,

Thanks for the offer to host :) , but I'm all set. I'm glad to hear you would find this useful. Here are the files: copypath.exe, and copypath.reg. Just place copypath.exe in your system32 directory and import copypath.reg. Can you try it out and let me know how it works for you? I'd love the feedback.

Thanks,

beaker

btw, thx for moving to the proper forum. I didn't see it :blushing:

Thats great!

I'll give it a test run today evening on XP & vista :yes:

BTW, just a piece of info - on XP64 & Vista64, binaries which are 32-bit cant be placed into the System32 folder programmatically. (as in, I would use a batch file or installer to place the file & make registry entries, but it wont work, it'll get re-directed to the SysWOW64 directory instead).

To avoid doing it manually, some other folder or some other method would be necessary... I'll try thinking of something meanwhile, but mentioned the above as it would be relevant on 64-bit OSes which are growing in usage.

prathapml, I haven't had a chance to work on a 64 bit version of Windows. I didn't realize that there are separate directories for 32 bit executables. Do you know if SysWOW64 is in the path statement? If so, there's no real concern, since the registry entries just call on copypath without a directory. If it's not in the path, I'll need to write an installer or something a bit more intelligent.

Thanks again for your help. :) Please let me know of your success/failure.

Edited by beaker

Do you know if SysWOW64 is in the path statement?
Its not in the PATH list. :(

Thats partly been one of my irritants with win64 - try as much as I might (i mean programmatically, not manually), 32-bit executables are relegated to SysWOW64, & only 64-bit ones are allowed in System32.... Now I wonder, how intelligent it was of MS, to make a directory named System32 the native 64-bit folder. :blink:

No prob for now, made a batch-file to put copypath.exe into %windir% and execute the .REG and reboot.

It works as advertised. ;)