Would this be possible, and would it save time?

Lately I've been contemplating making a true WinPE CD and have it autorun some file for installing Windows, so it would copy all the files to the drive and then do the install, ALL through WinPE... Would this be possible, or the setup files NEED to be copied by the text setup, and the system HAS to reboot between file copying, and GUI setup... I mean, the way I see it, it would cut down on the install time since it wouldn't HAVE to reboot the PC... I'm assuming the GUI setup IS Windows PE on the system anyways....

Would it save time, or no not really..?

To answer the title, I must state that WinPE is already very small. I am making a True WinPE project and piecing together some things like Explorer, Networking, Internet Explorer, Undelete tools...I'm just making one WinPE that will fit all possible scenarios. So far I have been able to put this project on a pocket disc until now. :unsure:

Longhorn PE is 186MB in ISO format and Disk Commander is a little less than 6MB when based off Win2K. I don't believe Win2K ever had the MiniNT switch, so I can't really call that kind of environment a PE. My project started around 120MB so judge for yourself. :blink:

Edited by Daemonforce