Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.07 not installing

orionuk

Hi there

I am using the following lines in my runonceex file to install the current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.07 however although it highlights the name of the file during the install nothing gets installed. No errors are reported that it cannot find the install folder or the .exe file.

The entry is:

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "Acrobat Reader 7.07" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\AcrobatReader\AdbeRdr707_en_US.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\""" /f

I am pretty sure that I am using the correct switches copied from previous posts but I do not know why this is not installing.

Thank you in advance.

Orion

Try entering your key in your registry then export it.

AdbeRdr70_enu_full.exe /s /v/qb

Those were working with version 7. Sicne it's the same technology used, it whoudl work.

Another suggestion would be to get the MSI from the TEMP directory. Just extract with WinRAR your file and you'll get all the file needed.

i used to install Reader 7.0.7 (i use acrobat pro now) using the MSI installer in TEMP dir.

just use /qn switch and thats all. if you want to compress a bit the filesize compress it with winrar and laung the setup in an sfx archive like ifmartel said.

but doesn't your script just continue onto the next install after the FEAD extraction is done?

?

Which script are you taking about?

Once excuted the Setup.exe will build the necesseray file needed to install in the directory c:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp...

If you go there, a temporary directory should be created, the needed file for the setup are there. Take the whole directory.