Intalling the Office startup assistant (osa.exe)

stanr

I am using Office 2003 in XP on a new computer. I want to add the office startup assistant (osa.exe) so that i can directly invoke the screen saver and the Office toolbar. osa.exe is on the Office CD in a cabs file, but i can't figure out which Office features to specify to get it loaded. Any ideas?

I know that the Office toolbar is not a regular feature of Office 2003, but i got it to work on my previous computer by installing the toolbar in Office 2000 even after Office 2003 was installed, but when i try that on my new computer the installation process says that it cannot find a qualifying product! Any ideas on a workaround, as this method had worked on my old computer.

Thanks in advance. - Stan

No, it doesn't help -- and i should have mentioned that, of course, i have searched the Microsoft Knowledge base (MKB) before posting here -- because it doesn't mention what to do if osa.exe is NOT installed. That is, it is NOT in the location noted in the MKB article.

At least for Office 2002, not everything is installed by default, but in add/remove, Office, click Change, you get the option of installing additional components. I don't have Office 2003, but I expect it's the same, in which case you could try that.