[Question] iTunes 6.0.4 settings.

BoardBabe

There are two annoying settings left in iTunes that I can't seem to find out how to import after setup during ua install.

Anyone know how I can disable the following two features? (translated)

Autoamticly check for udpates (General tab)

Use iTunes as default music player (Advanced tab)

The rest of my settings stick when I SFX iTunes.pref from %AppData%\Apple Computer\iTunes and applying the following regkey (disables podcasdt, music store and shared music)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.\iTunes\Parental Control]
"Flags"=dword:0000000e

I've found a way to import all my iTunes settings between installs, and you don't have to remember to deauthorize your old installation of iTunes before reformat and reinstall.

Make a copy of the following file:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\SC Info\SC Info.sidb ,

In addition to the other file you've previously mentioned.

After reinstalling iTunes on a new Windows installation, replace the file.

(I use a batch file to save all my vital files to one central location prior to a reformat and reinstall, and then use another batch file to put the files back during RunOnceEx. However, you may need to manually copy and paste this particular file in the correct location)

All of your prior settings will be saved. (At least, all of mine are.) It does NOT transfer your authorization, however, so before playing files downloaded from iTunes you'll need to deauthorize the computer and then reauthorize it again. It will not increase the number of computers you have authorized - if it reported two previously, it will report two again.