Not enough disk space

Hello everyone!, Nice to join the forums.

I've created a network share which holds the i386 folder, i use a dos network client to connect to the share.

When i run winnt.exe, it goes to normal blue setup screen and makes a comment about not enough disk space being available even though there is a hard disk on the local pc.

any ideas?

there needss to be a FAT partition on the drive when starting setup in this manner.

Thanks for your reply

orignal my 60GB hard disk is setup like this

C: 10GB NTFS

D: 5GB NTFS

unallocated space 5GB

F: 40 GB NTFS

So what i did is reformat C: to FAT32 parition & deleted the D:

and used the Network boot disk (i.e Universal TCP/IP Network boot disk), ran winnt, and the same problem still occured.

I've tried running this way before using the same net boot disk. It may be to do with the location that XP is being run from.

If you check out this page http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/arti...0&seqNum=6&rl=1 one of the switches is to specify where the temporary files and the installation goes. You could try that, specifying the drive letter you want.

In the days of old, there would have been a switch to disable the error reporting (Disk space, memory etc.), but this no longer seems to be the case, where there is only a limited DOS support.