How Can I Disable "Find Target" on Properties?

apokalips

How can i disable the "find target" botton on properties menu under the shortcu tab (right click on a shortcut)......... to make things short pls click here ....pls how can i disable the one that is encircled on red... i need this coz i dont want my friends to change/ modify the files where the shortcut targeted to...

im sorry forgot to put a tag errr....

Edited by apokalips

Disabling the Find Target button may not do much good. I know of at least two other ways to find the target without using the Find Target button, and I am no expert. They can use the Start menu Search program or manually search each directory. There are a couple of solutions depending on the answers to the following:

1. Are your friends on their own account or are they using yours?

2. Do you want to protect specific individual files/folders or all?

3. Are the files/folders in your account directory or in the main directory like the Windows and Programs file folders?

4. How much effort or money do you want to put into this?

The simple and quick way if the files/folders are in your account directory is to go to C:\Documents and Settings, bring up the Properties window for your account folder, select Sharing, and check 'Make this folder private.' Then password-protect your account through Control Panel User Accounts. Once that is done, while still in User Accounts you create an account your friends can use. This will stop them from accessing anything in your account directory, including shortcuts. If you want them to have a copy of something you can copy it to their account.