help with custom Adobe MSI files

Orsi

hey there, I'm trying to modify some adobe .msi files to 'skip' the activation screen and after some research I found I would need to deleted some activation's lines (CA_ActivationInstall) in .MSI file, it really works although after I deleted this line (which is in the InstallExecuteSequence table), for some reason I can't uninstall the program... :(

I'm using Orca to edit the MSI file and modifying Acrobat 3D, After Effects 7.0 PRO, Illustrator CS2, Audition 2.0, Encore DVD 2.0 and Premiere Pro 2.0

any help?

tks, now I'm using Installer Desing Studio to build MST files instead of changing MSI.

Now I have another problem... in After Effects I could find a CA_ValidationInstall string but, for instance, in Premiere I couldn't... except for a reference to this value in the InstallUIExecute table, so I deleted this reference and installed Premiere but when I try to run the software it says "Registration information is invalid. Please reinstall Adobe Premiere Pro" and I can't uninstall it, it just begin the uninstall process and without any error message it quits...

any help?

I haven't begun work on these latest Adobe releases as of yet, but I can tell you that in the case of Adobe Acrobat Pro 7 and Photoshop CS2, that removing the custom action worked just fine. It then allowed me to activate online upon first running the app. Perhaps Adobe really really wants you to activate during the install and they changed the way their installs operate now.

well, I just found out that just the /qr swtich works with both Encore and After Effects without the need to edit the .MSI or build a .MST file

althought After Effects needs to be installed via Setup.exe, so I "removed this need" in .msi to install it, but now, it can't be unistalled :(

RogueSpear - are you aware of the Installshield Tuner you can use to customize an install? I have used it for the full version of Acrobat but I have for the install of the Reader and it works very well.

Edited by exrcizn