[Help] - Blue/green lines while playing video files.

fooblizoo

I get blue/green lines through some video files when I play them. When I install Windows Media Player 10 -- the problem occurs and I'm not able to see anything in the video. However, if I turn down video acceleration in that, it works fine. The problem is, turning down video acceleration ruins the point of watching a video. I had to do a rollback and go back to windows media player 8 for the file to play properly. The same happens now if I open a WMV file using Winamp/Real player/Media player classic -- I see blue/green/pink/orange lines. However, they play fine in WMP.

Now, the problem is, RMVB files. They can be played only with Real player and it doesn't work for me. I have the same problem when I play the RMVB file with Media Player Classic. I've tried installing Klite mega codec pack -- no dice. Help?

That problem is caused by some updates for WMP10 in combination with some codec(s).

I read somewhere at MS that it could be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the codecs, but that didn't work for me. I haven't put much effort in trying to fix that, but someone else probably has...